The Counseling Community has many innovative features that are designed to enhance collaboration. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with some of these features and begin to use the system. To get a head start, it is recommended that you follow the steps shown below:
1. View the Walkthrough Video Series
This video series will give you a short walkthrough of the important elements of the Counseling Community and provide an overview of how you can connect with other students, faculty, and alumni quickly and easily.
Topics to be discussed, include:
- How to access the Counseling Community
- Navigating the Home Page
- Specialty Page Navigation
- My Dashboard
2. Update Profile
The first step is to update your profile and select which information that you would like to share with other members of the online community. To access your profile, follow these steps:
- Move your mouse pointer over your name which is located in the top left hand corner of the Userbar. Click on the drop down menu, and then click on Profile.
- To edit your profile, click “Edit” which appears next to a yellow pencil on the right hand side of the screen.
If you prefer, you may upload a photograph of yourself, although this is completely optional. Please remember that this is a professional network and that your photograph should not include family members or pet.
The Counseling Community has many innovative features that are designed to encourage enhanced collaboration. Therefore, continue to explore the many features of the system. As you locate documents, blogs, or discussions that are of interest, you can receive automatic email notification any time changes occur in these documents by simply selecting “follow” which is located at the bottom every page.